Civil Engineering is one of the oldest fields of engineering that deals with the planning, construction, and maintenance of fixed structures, or public works, which are related to earth, water, or civilization and their processes of development. Majority of projects like power plants, bridges, roads, railways, structures, water supply, irrigation, the natural environment, sewer, flood control, transportation and traffic are dealt by Civil Engineering.
Galgotias Civil Engineering Department is involved in education and research programs covering a spectrum of activities in Civil Engineering.
Course Duration and Fee
Civil Engineering Department of GCET will provide excellent practical oriented engineering education to achieve a successful career in academic, research or industrial field.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program specific outcomes
The students, within four years of graduation, will be able to:
- Conceive, plan, analyze, design, construct and improve Civil engineering products, processes and systems to meet the ever-changing needs of modern society within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- Work professionally in the fields of design and construction engineering in areas such as construction management, quality control, logistics, supply chain management, advanced construction,, human factors, health care or transportation.
- Successfully practice Design principles to design, analyze, and test structural components, products and systems including construction sites, construction equipment and machinery etc.
- Apply the principle of hydraulics to design hydraulics structures and maintain the various hydraulics systems e.g aqueducts and syphon aquaduct systems, reservoir engineering, flood routing, including weirs, notches and falls.