Electronics and Communication Engineering is headed by Dr. Lakshmanan. M and has 28 faculty members who have received their PG and Ph.D degrees from top-notch universities. The faculty members of this department are consistently doing well in teaching and research. The department offers B.Tech (Electronics and Communication Engineering) and M.Tech (Electronics and Communication Engineering). Both B.Tech and M.Tech programmes attract the brightest students of the state every year. The placement record of the department has always been impressive. Almost 100% of the students get job from the campus placement and many of them are getting it in core companies every year. We encourage the students to do design and research based projects during their B.Tech and M.Tech degrees.
The department has state-of-the art laboratories in almost all the areas of Electronics and Communication that has the latest simulation tools to cater to various specializations and is equipped with facilities for measurement, characterization and synthesis of experimental as well as theoretical results. The department has organized several guest lectures, short-term training programmes, workshops, seminars, symposiums and conferences in the field of Electronics and Communication. The department is actively involved in R&D activities regularly publish their research in reputed Journals and Conferences. The research areas include Wireless Communication and Networks, Microwave Engineering, Antenna design, VLSI Design, Signal and Image Processing, Communication Engineering and Embedded Systems.
- B.Tech. in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- M.Tech. in Electronics and Communication Engineering
10 + 2 Examination with Physics and Maths as compulsory subjects along with one subject Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Computer Science / Biology with minimum 50% and UPSEE / AIEEE qualified.
Course Duration and Fee
To be recognized as a center of excellence in Electronics and Communication Engineering for the quality and global education, interdisciplinary research and innovation, to produce committed graduates who can apply knowledge and skills for the benefit of society.
DM1:To provide quality education by providing state of the art facility and solutions for global challenges.DM2: To provide a framework for promoting the Industry institution collaboration and empower the students in interdisciplinary research. DM3: To transform students into socially responsible, ethical and technically proficient engineers with innovative skills and usage of modern tools. DM4:To make the students corporate ready with spirit and necessary interpersonal skills.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
PEOs of the B. Tech. in Electronics and Communication Engineering are:
- PEO 1: Graduates will excel in their career by acquiring knowledge in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering with the usage of modern tools and emerging technologies.
- PEO 2: Graduates will have the capability to analyze real life problems of the society and Produce innovative solutions.
- PEO 3: Graduates exhibit professionalism, ethical attitude, communication skills and team work in core engineering, academia and research organizations through professional development and lifelong learning.
Program Specific Outcomes
By the completion of Electronics & Communication Engineering program the student will have following Program specific outcomes.
- PSO1:Design and develop models for analog &digital electronic circuits and systems.
- PSO2: Design, develop and test electronic and communication systems for applications with real time constraints.
- PSO3: Successful Career and Entrepreneurship: An understanding of social-awareness & environmental-wisdom along with ethical responsibility to have a successful career and to sustain passion and zeal for real-world applications using optimal resources as an Entrepreneur.
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex electronics & communication engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex electronics & communication engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex electronics & communication engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specific needs with appropriate considerations for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent relevant to the professional engineering practices.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norm of the engineering practices.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communications: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life learning in the broadest context of technological change.