Instrumentation & Control Engineering Department is one of the major departments in Galgotia college of Engineering and Technology. Instrumentation & Control Department has grown significantly since its inception. The goal of the department is to provide quality education at undergraduate and undertake cutting edge research in various areas of Automation Engineering. The department also aims to develop active collaboration with various industries of this sector. The department has earned itself a very good reputation in the national and global academic network. Currently, the department has an annual intake of 60 with 5% students from Lateral entry scheme in the B.Tech programmes, respectively.
The department currently has six laboratories equipped with state-of-the art equipment and latest version of latest software platforms. The laboratories are equipped with sophisticated equipment, test setups. The department also organizes National and International Conferences, Faculty Development Programmes, Workshops and Expert Lectures from time to time. Faculty members of the department have been regularly contributing towards International and National Journals of repute like IEEE Transactions and IEEE Proceedings, IET, Journals in Electrical Engineering from Elsevier, etc. along with Proceedings of National and International Conferences. The department also generously contributes to professional activities undertaken by IEEE and IET Delhi chapters. Several popular technical books have been authored by the faculty members of the department. Some faculty members have acquired patent for their research. The department plans to have new laboratories for Industrial Automation, Bio-Instrumentation, Distribution and Automation Centre and SCADA systems.
The Department of Instrumentation & Control Engineering at GCET has developed into one of the best departments of the College. The placement trend has shown that the students of the department have been successful in getting lucrative jobs based on their interests in different fields. This consistent placement record illustrates the commitment and contribution of this department to the success story of the University. The graduates of the department are occupying important positions in both government as well as corporate sector with many of them having joined programs of higher studies in India and abroad.
The Department has been hosting International and national conferences, workshops and invited lecture series every year. The department has the distinction of organizing the first DST sponsored workshop course in the University. It is the agenda of the department to further augment the professional activities. The students are motivated for technical and creative activities besides classroom teaching and laboratory exercise through technical fests.
Course Duration and Fee
To become a leading department in the field of Instrumentation, Control & Automation for its "Excellence through Creativity, Research & Innovation"
Engineering Graduates will be able to
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program specific outcomes
Instrumentation and Control Engineering graduate will be able to:
- Apply concepts of Measurement and sensor selection to specify, calibrate, and troubleshoot various process instruments commonly used in industry.
- Control and safety system: Use basic Engineering principles and knowledge of industrial system to design the control and safety system for an industrial process.
- Embedded system: specify, select, design and build microprocessor or microcontroller based system for engineering application.
- Industrial controllers: Use programmable logic controllers (PLC) and supervisory control system for control of manufacturing and processing systems.