The Electrical Engineering (EE) is one of the core branches of Galgotias College of Engineering & Technology, which has an excellent infrastructure to promote congenial academic environment to impart quality education. The department of Electrical Engineering has well equipped laboratories and a team of well qualified and dedicated faculty members and technical staff.
The objective of Electrical Engineering department is to equip the students with technical skills in the field of Electrical Engineering which is concerned with Generation, Transmission, Distribution, Utilization and Control of Electrical Energy. The department is fully committed to provide theoretical and practical knowledge to the students of electrical engineering as per modern industries requirement. The department conducts workshops and guest lectures from reputed industries to enhance practical knowledge of the students. Also, every year the department organizes an industrial tour to give industrial exposure to the students of electrical engineering.
Course Duration and Fee
To produce well trained, socially responsible, innovative technocrats of highest quality who can leave their mark globally and contribute to the nation's growth.
Program Educational Objectives
The Program educational objectives (PEOs) of the EE undergraduate program are to
- Transform and develop students into competent professionals capable of solving technical and societal problems
- Make the students fully aware of the way the Electrical Engineering discipline is currently practiced and to inculcate in them a thirst for further knowledge
- Produce professionals with strong work ethics and high sensitivity to environmental and sustainability issues
Engineering Graduates will be able to
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program specific outcomes (PSOs)
The students will be able to:
- Talented to analyze, design, and implement electrical systems that efficiently generate, transmit, distribute and utilize electrical power.
- Create, select and apply appropriate the techniques, resources and modern engineering for the study of electrical machines and drives
- Skillful to use application and control techniques for research and advanced studies in Electrical Engineering domain.