Life at Galgotias.
Facilities At Galgotias
The computer labs are equipped with 1000 state-of-the-art i3/i7 PC with the latest software required for various applications. All computers are interconnected on WAN and, in turn get connected to the Internet. The institute has established its own Radio Microwave Link facility with a high speed of 2 Mbps via RF Link. Each student is provided with an independent personal computer for his/her academic use. Internet facility is being updated with high-speed service so that class notes and other academic inputs are available to the students.
For a modern educational institution, the library is an important sourceof learning. Galgotias College of Engineering & Technology library caters adequately to the needs of B.Tech.,M.Tech., MCA & MBA students, research students as well as all the staff members.A well-equipped and well-managed Library is the foundation ofmodern educational structure. The library is a boon to any organization.
The Galgotias College of Engineering & Technology library caters adequately to the needs of B.Tech.,M.Tech.,MCA & MBA students as well as all the staff members.
- 6100 Titles
- 55000 Volumes
- 130 National Journals
- 792 International e-Journals and Proceedings
- Reading Halls for more than 200 Students
- Special Reading Room for Researchers and Teachers
- Computerized Library Management System
- Online International Journal Workstations Connected with 14 MBPSInternet Optical Fiber Connectivity (through Reliance) and Wi-Ficampus
- Audio-Visual Library Section with 365 CDs
- Career Guidance Section (35 Titles)
- Magazines and Periodicals Section (20)
- A separate Reference Section is maintained for important and rarebooks. All the books of the library are indexed through a computerizedBar Code system and are being used for the operation oflibrary procedures.
Digital Library is the main attraction to satisfy the thirst for knowledgeof the students. It provides Access of 792 e-Journals, Transactionsand Conference proceedings. Students can download their desiredmaterials. The E-Journal Program has been launched under INDEST– AICTE Consortium with approval of MHRD.
Counseling & Student Welfare
Student Counseling Centre is available on all working days during college hours to assist students with academic and non-academic matters, which include emotional, psychological, pedagogic etc. A group of 15 students is assigned to a faculty member who acts as a counselor and remains responsible for the group throughout the year. The students are free to contact the Counselors any time. The Counselors provide incredible support to students, particularly in terms of learning enhancement skills, personal and career counseling. The Institution believes in making the student as comfortable as possible and virtually adopts the student for the whole tenure of academic program.
The scholarships awarded to meritorious students, special learning facilities for slow learners and loan facilities for socially and economically deprived students are integral part of the institution.