Department Of Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE) | GCET
Dept. of Electronics and Communication Engineering is being headed by Dr. Neeta Awasthy. She is Executive Council Member of IEEE, U.P. Section, Fellow of Institution of Electronics & Telecomm. Engineers, Life Member of Indian Society for Technical Education and Computer Society of India. She is reviewer of International Journal of computational Intelligence & Bioinformatics. She has 9 years of consultancy and 13 years of teaching experience. A graduate and Ph.D. in Electronics Engineering, she is also a Bureau of Energy Efficiency certified Energy Auditor (EA-10056). So far, she had thirteen international and 23 national publications to her credit.
ECE department has a strong faculty with 4 PhD holders and 16 M.Tech’s. Department is equipped with state of the art labs with R & D facilities and uninterrupted power supply. B.Tech. program is being run in the department since 2000 and M.Tech. since 2003.
From July 2009 to Apr 2010 year the faculty and students together wrote 3 books and more than 100 research papers in various Journals and Conference of national and international repute. Out of that 54 papers are from the students only. The major areas in which the research is being conducted in the department includes Signal Processing, RF and Communication, Robotics and Embedded systems under the aegis of the department’s R & D cell known as Bose Research Cell (BRC). This semester, the students designed, simulated and got fabricated 6 microstrip antenna, one coupler and 4 filters on defected ground structure. A National level conference on “Latest Trends in Neural Networks and Digital Signal Processing” sponsored by AICTE was also held on 26th March 2010.
Apart from excellent result, the department has more than 92% student placements. The students won accolades in IIT’s and Government colleges in ROBOTICS events and Quizzes. As per the feedback from industry; bridge courses known as Augmentation courses are being regularly conducted. Various co-curricular programs including Workshops, Expert lectures and Industry visits are perpetually organized by the department. GNIX, the student society organized technical festivals and sports events. Faculty development programs are conducted regularly and faculty participate and undergo courses in various institutions to garner cognizance on emerging trends in their respective expertise.
Other Departments | GCET
- Department Of Applied Sciences Humanities (ASH)
- Department Of Communication, Culture & Social Sciences (CCSS)
- Department Of Civil Engineering (CE)
- Department Of Chemistry
- Department Of Computer Science and Engineering(CSE)
- Department Of Electronics & Electrical Engineering (EEE)
- Department Of Electrical Engineering - Instrumentation and Control (EEIC)
- Department Of Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering (EIE)
- Department Of Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
- Department Of Management Studies (MS)
- Department Of Industrial Psychology, Industrial Sociology & Human Values (IPSHV)
- Department Of Information Technology (IT)
- Department Of Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- Department Of Mathematics
- Department Of Physics