Galgotias Student Council GCET is a conglomerate of students clubs and societies at Galgotias College. The council is a part of the College administrative and academic structure unlike an independent Union. The Council is devoted to the educational interests and welfare of its members while following strict guidelines established by the College.
Establishment and Name
- 1.1 There shall be only one Students' Council at Galgotias College.
- 1.2 The name of the Students' Counci shall be "Galgotias Student Council GCET"
2.1 The Student's Council does not act independently under any circumstances. any new agenda is presented to the CEO in form of a written report and is not acted upon unless approved. Other than their cardinal roles the Student Executive officers that form the core team are responsible for all formal contacts between the student members and the College Administration (The CEO, The Director and The Dean Academics) and are required to inform the authorities before conducting any activity inside the College Campus.
- 3.1 Every student who enrolls at Galgotias College is registered as a general member of the student body once he or she becomes a member of any council‘s club. Upon registering for one of our clubs they become full time members giving them access to all of our services and to an organization which is able to represent them to the community and to the world beyond. They are also given the right and power to shape the council’s direction through member feedback and annual meetings.
- 3.2 If for any reason a member does not wish to be a member of the council. they can opt out of membership at any time by emailing the Council Core team. A student can still enjoy all of our facilities and services if they opt out, but they cannot have a voice at membership meetings or other democratic activity.
Councils Core Team
- 4.1 There shall be a representative body that runs day to day activities of the clubs and societies. This representative body that forms the core of the council stay in direct administrative contact with the CEO and the college management for introspection and successful execution of all student activities
- 4.2 Council Core shall consist of the appointed Council Executives. These Council Executives are appointed by the CEO.
- 4.3 A Council meeting may be called by any of the following:
- 4.3.1 The CEO
- 4.3.2 Two Third of Council Members
- 4.4 At least one working day’s notice must be given for all council meeting unless the meeting is called by the Dean of Students' Affairs.
- 5.1 There shall be an Executive team appointed by the CEO.
- 5.2 The Executives shall be responsible for the initiation of policy of the Council, General Meeting and key decisions.
- 5.3 The executive (Core) team shall consist of the following posts:
General Secretary (Chief Administrative Officer & Principal Spokesperson)
Chief Secretary (Chief Operations Officer)
Joint Secretary (Head of Welfare)
Vice Secretary (Head of Communication)
Deputy Vice Secretary (Head of Events)
- 5.4 Only final year students of their respective courses shall be appointed to as Core Executives. No member of the Executive Core may hold any other position in the Council unless called upon in case of a deficit.
- 5.5 The General Secretary shall have full membership and shall be the principal spokesperson and chief administrative officer who overlooks all activities of the Council. He/she shall be the chief representative of the students and shall have five main areas of responsibility: finance, representation, organization, supervision and guidance of policy.
- 5.6 The Chief Secretary (Chief Operations Officer) shall have full membership of the Council and is the chief operations officer of the council. He/she plays similar roles as the General Secretary and can take independent decisions upon consultation with the General Secretary.
- 5.7 The Joint Secretary (Head of Welfare) shall have full membership of the Council and a veto in all core decisions. He/she shall be familiar with the welfare matters that concern all members and shall represent their interest in matters relating to their welfare.
- 5.8 The Vice Secretary (Head of Communications) shall have full membership of the Council and a veto in all core decisions. He/she shall aid in the development of the Council's information and communication policy. He/she shall be familiar with all the communication mediums available to him/her and use them to their full potential.
- 5.9 The Deputy Vice Secretary (Head of Events) is responsible for the provision of events and other forms of social and cultural activity for the members of the Council in conjunction with the other council officers.
What we do?
Holistic development is what we aim for by providing representation, educational development and social extracurricular opportunities.
At the heart of the Student Experience; we strive to have a positive impact on each and every one of our members.
Trust: We put faith and trust in our Students and their ability to manage student activities, as well as inspiring trust in our students by being open and honest with them about their Student council.
Integrity: We aim to create an inviting atmosphere for all of our students and encourage them to become involved in the local and national Student community and the residential community of the city they dwell in.
Environment: We look to not only campaign about issues surrounding our environment, but provide an example for others to follow by reducing our carbon footprint and constantly improving our methods of recycling. We also believe in providing safe and friendly spaces for our students.
Equality: We encourage a culture of friendship between all of our students regardless of sex, age, race, religion, disability, sexual preference or any other possible discriminatory factors.
Empowerment: The opinions, fears, prospects and wishes of students are at the heart of everything we do and allow us to set targets that are realistic to their expectations.